- Reports to: Retail Director
- Status: Salary, Exempt
- Job Type: Full-time
- Date Created: June 2020
- Location: Fort Bragg, CA
About Element 7:
Element 7 is a retail cannabis company with an operational footprint that spans California. With a focus on educating customers, social justice and inclusion, and operating with a very local voice and footprint, Element 7 is a driving force for change in the industry. Our mission is to become ‘California’s most local cannabis company’. We see every day as an opportunity to create an impact in the local communities we do business in. Element 7. We are California Local.
Element 7 is currently seeking an outgoing and passionate Manager who is looking for long-term employment. Our Manager will be trustworthy, dependable and expected to meet all store goals and objectives while maintaining exceptional customer satisfaction. The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial success of the store and for responding to business needs and strategizing around business trends in order to drive profitable top line sales growth. Our goal is to ensure customers are well informed and satisfied with their purchases.
- Lead and inspire the cannabis retail team. Encourage growth, learning opportunities, and an environment of compassion & empathy.
- Build an exceptional team that will uphold and deliver our mission, vision, and goals to customers.
- Provide strategic direction and thought leadership to the retail store, with a strong understanding of the market and customer needs.
- Meet or exceed sales goals, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Exceed the customers expectations by implementing and delivering exceptional service and ensuring Assistant Managers and Budtenders meet the same expectations.
- Ensure that customer feedback, comments, and/or complaints are addressed in a respectful, professional manner.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reviews to proactively identify business improvement opportunities, develop budget strategies, and implement positive action plans to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and enhance the customer experience.
- Identify trends and opportunities to define changes in processes and procedures that drive operations and selling agendas.
- Daily analysis, forecast, and financial & operational reporting.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of cannabis regulations (including Metrc). Ensure compliance is executed in all operations.
- Foster a positive and productive relationship with all vendors.
- Manage staffing, scheduling, day to day operations, and processes.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals.
- Partner with the Human Resources Manager in reviewing employee performance, coordinating benefits, fostering employee relations, and administering disciplinary actions when required.
- Monitor and manage inventory, product placement, and store presentations. Work with the Marketing Department to raise awareness and increase sales.
- Implement selling programs and sell-through rates.
- Engage meaningfully in the local community through events, programs and partnerships.
- Ensure cash management procedures are being followed including; transacting, opening, closing, depositing, reporting, maintaining, and reconciling cash with POS system and all standard operating procedures.
- Develop training and reinforce service, product, operations, and management expectations through training and development of all team members.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Retail Director.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Desire to learn about our products and cannabis therapies.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, Point of Sale software and cash management.
- Strong attention to detail and a team-player mentality.
- Fun attitude and strong work ethic.
- Experience in assessing, recruiting and screening talent.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 4+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Excellent communication skills
- Inventory management experience
- High energy with a bit of hustle
- Self-starter and very organized
- Strong work ethic
- This position operates in a professional retail store environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Lifting and exerting up to 35 lbs of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force regularly to move objects to and from, including overhead lifting.
- Visual Acuity – Having close visual acuity to perform activities such as: viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts/details.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Element 7 is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. Element 7 recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.