- Reports To: Store Manager
- Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Job Type: Full-time & Part-time
- Date Created: June 2020
- Location: Fort Bragg, CA
About Element 7:
Element 7 is a retail cannabis company with an operational footprint that spans California. With a focus on educating customers, social justice and inclusion, and operating with a very local voice and footprint, Element 7 is a driving force for change in the industry. Our mission is to become ‘California’s most local cannabis company’. We see every day as an opportunity to create an impact in the local communities we do business in. Element 7. We are California Local.
Element 7 is currently seeking outgoing and passionate Budtenders who are looking for long-term employment. Our Budtenders will assist the management team with the activities and operations of the store, while abiding by policies, procedures and operational guidelines. Our Budtenders are responsible for providing superior customer service, a passion for our brand & in-depth product knowledge. Ultimately, an outstanding Budtender should listen well and be able to demonstrate excellent communication with various audiences. Our goal is to ensure customers are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases.
- Advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis.
- Keeping abreast of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends through trade shows and research.
- Processing customers payments using the dispensary’s Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
- Checking customers’ identification documents to verify that they are of legal age.
- Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
- Assist in opening, mid-day and closing procedures.
- Communicate customer feedback and requests to the Store Manager.
- Ensuring the dispensary is always clean and well-organized.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Desire to learn about our products and cannabis therapies.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, Point of Sale software and cash management is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and a team-player mentality.
- Fun attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working as a Budtender.
- Able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends.
- This position operates in a professional retail store environment and routinely uses
- standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Lifting and exerting up to 35 lbs of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force regularly to move objects to and from, including overhead lifting.
- Visual Acuity – Having close visual acuity to perform activities such as: viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts/detail.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Element 7 is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. Element 7 recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.