- Reports to: Store Manager
- Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Job Type: Full-time & Part-time
- Date Created: June 2020
- Location: Fort Bragg, CA
About Element 7:
Element 7 is a retail cannabis company with an operational footprint that spans California. With a focus on educating customers, social justice and inclusion, and operating with a very local voice and footprint, Element 7 is a driving force for change in the industry. Our mission is to become ‘California’s most local cannabis company’. We see every day as an opportunity to create an impact in the local communities we do business in. Element 7. We are California Local.
Element 7 is currently seeking outgoing and passionate Assistant Manager’s who are looking for long-term employment. Our Assistant Managers will be trustworthy, dependable and expected to manage our retail stores when the Store Manager is off property. The most important aspect of your job will be ensuring the Budtenders meet their goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction. Our goal is to ensure customers are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases.
Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead and inspire the cannabis retail team. Encourage growth, learning opportunities, and an environment of compassion & empathy.
- Support the Store Manager in building an exceptional team that will uphold and deliver our mission, vision, and goals to customers.
- Coordinate the details of daily operations, working closely with the Store Manager and Retail Director.
- Drive KPI reporting and cash management procedures related to opening and closing the store.
- Meet or exceed sales goals, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Exceed the customers expectations by implementing and delivering exceptional service and ensuring Budtenders meet the same expectations.
- Drive customer visit goals and increase the number of returning customers.
- Daily analysis, forecast, and financial & operational reporting.
- Identify underperforming metrics and help develop strategies for improvement.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of cannabis regulations (including Metrc). Ensure compliance is executed in all operations.
- Foster a positive and productive relationship with all vendors.
- Monitor and manage staffing, scheduling, day to day operations, and processes.
- Help implement HR policies and procedures.
- Monitor and manage inventory, product placement, and store presentations. Work with the Marketing Department to raise awareness and increase sales.
- Implement selling programs and sell-through rates.
- Engage meaningfully in the local community through events, programs and partnerships.
- Implement checks and balance systems in areas vulnerable of loss.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Desire to learn about our products and cannabis therapies.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, Point of Sale software and cash management.
- Strong attention to detail and a team-player mentality.
- Fun attitude and strong work ethic.
Assistant Manager Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2+ years of management experience in a cannabis dispensary.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Inventory management experience is preferred but not required.
- High energy with a bit of hustle.
- Self-starter and very organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- This position operates in a professional retail store environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Lifting and exerting up to 35 lbs of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force regularly to move objects to and from, including overhead lifting.
- Visual Acuity – Having close visual acuity to perform activities such as: viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts/details.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Element 7 is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. Element 7 recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.